Alright friends, here is a simple, filling and budget-friendly meal for your week. I've had this recipe from Damn Delicious saved in my Plan to Eat files for quite some time and it's a great go-to. Whole Foods had pork chops on sale last week so I picked up a few thin-cut pork chops for this weeknight dinner.
Here's the full meal:
- Pork chops with a sweet and sour glaze
- Organic Basmati rice
- Cauliflower and Broccoli florets roasted in avocado oil, salt and pepper. Topped with nutritional yeast.
- Simple salad of chopped lettuce, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and sea salt.
Recipe: Easy Pork Chops with Sweet and Sour Glaze
Recipe credit: damndelicious.net
· 4 pork chops, bone-in, 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
· 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
For the glaze:
· 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
· 3 tablespoons honey
· 2 cloves garlic minced
· 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
· 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
· Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork chops and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 140 degrees F, about 8-10 minutes. (cooking time may vary)
5. To make the sweet and sour glaze, combine balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme in a small saucepan over medium heat; season with salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
7. Serve pork chops immediately with sweet and sour glaze.
Dinner Prep Steps:
- Cook the rice in the Instant Pot or stove top and preheat the oven.
- Toss the broccoli and cauliflower with avocado oil, salt and pepper and throw those in the oven.
- Get cooking with the pork chops.
- While the pork chops are in the oven make the glaze.
- Put the salad together while the glaze is simmering.
Dinner is served!